Resolutions adopted at the General Assembly 2014
WUCWO will encourage and support its member organizations and its representatives working at international fora to give priority to the theme of the family and the most urgent challenges it is facing, through:
• Programs particularly directed to young people, which can give them reason of family´s worth for the life and the future of the world, as an educator of spirituality and evangelical values.
• Campaigns to promote the complementarity between man and woman and to prevent and end discrimination against women and girls as well as any kind of violence and domestic abuse.
• Provision of assistance to single mothers and their children, welcoming them to our organizations and advocating for policies to assist them.
• Encourage governments to prohibit the practices of alteration, manipulation and treatment of human reproductive material that result in the destruction of human embryos.
Such work will be supported with the publication of articles and special sections in WUCWO´s publications and with the launching of a “campaign for the enhancement of the family” through its organizations around the world.
WUCWO, its member organizations and its representatives at international fora will work, individually and in network with other confessional and non-confessional related organizations, to:
a) help families, schools, Church and the community to become aware of human trafficking in order to prevent it;
b) accompany and work for the recovery and the social inclusion of the victims;
c) denounce and act against the structures that reduce people to the status of an object;
d) promote and demand the responsibility of the State in relation to the practice of human trafficking with different concrete actions such as advocating for legislation that makes the purchase of sexual services a criminal act;
e) provide assistance for victims of sexual violence who are often trafficked, and fight the culture of indifference and impunity.
3. DIALOGUE FOR PEACE AND TOLERANCE
In order to create a climate of understanding and mutual respect and to contribute to the achievement of peace around the world, WUCWO, its member organizations and its Representatives working at international fora shall:
• Cultivate and promote a respectful dialogue with the world; with people from other Christian denominations and other religions; within the Catholic Church and among WUCWO´s member organizations and the women belonging to them.
• Promote dialogue as a method of evangelization.
• Urge governments to promote and guarantee freedom of conscience, religious freedom and tolerance.
4. ADDICTION PREVENTION FOR A LIFE WITH FUTURE
WUCWO shall promote, through its member organizations, the incorporation of the theme Alcohol and Drug Addiction in its action programs, in order to undertake awareness and prevention-related tasks in all the areas within its purview, paying special attention to children, young people and families. It shall stimulate networking with other institutions of the same and of different faiths, as well as with non-confessional NGOs that share its ethical and spiritual values.
5. PREVENTION AND FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION
WUCWO, its member organizations and its International Representatives shall:
a) work with international bodies, governmental entities, government officials, civil societies and churches to eliminate corruption by establishing preventive programs which encourage good governance, accountability, transparency and proper communication systems;
b) help families and communities become aware of the destructive effects of corruption, while promoting a culture of truth and honesty.
6. RIGHT TO HAVE ACCESS TO DRINKING WATER AND SANITATION
WUCWO member organizations shall ensure amongst its members good practices in the sustainable use of water. They shall, together with WUCWO´s International Representatives, encourage governments to: a) guarantee the right and access to adequate clean drinking water and proper sanitation, b) develop national action plans for sustainable water management based on a participatory approach of the population, through dialogue and workshops and c) Raise awareness among Member Organizations of the growing threat of pharmaceutical products in water systems affecting wildlife and human health.